A November 10 update from Microsoft has caused some issues on some versions of Outlook.
This update causes Outlook to crash soon after launching.
The easiest solution at this stage is to remove the update from affected computers.
Note: These instructions apply to Windows 7, However the process is similar for other versions of Windows
- Click on Start and type programs. You’ll see “Programs and Features” in the list of search results. For example:
- Click on Programs and Features and you’ll get a windows like this:
- Click on “View installed updates”
- In the resulting window, type the following into the search box at the top-right of the window, and press the Enter key:
- If you can see the kb3097877 update in the search results, click on it and click on “Uninstall/Change”.
- Follow the prompts, restart your PC, and Outlook will not crash anymore!